Sunday, 26 February 2012

Spring has sprung... and so have the Craft Fairs!

Well, I think at the end of this rather windswept February, Spring has finally sprung! There are crocuses and mini irises flowering in the garden, and the sunshine is slowly becoming more intense (when it can break through the clouds!). 
Spring Greens Bracelet

Alongside all the crafting, I've been preparing for my first ever craft fair as Autumnal Skies. The fair is next Sunday (4th March 2012) and is at The Queen's Hotel in Leeds from 1pm - 5pm. The event is free, but it is ticketed, and the contact details for tickets are on the advertisement below:



In preparation for this, I've been experimenting with some different styles of jewellery, including these earrings and necklace with handmade Bullseye Lace Cane beads...

Handmade Bullseye Lace Cane Earrings
Handmade Bullseye Lace Cane Necklace

... and these items which involve some lovely wire-work to hold the beads on, rather than the usual head-pin type finish.

Apple Twists Earrings

Amethyst Swirls Earrings

Amethyst Swirls Necklace

I've also been drawn in by some of the possibilities of working with Memory Wire which, as the name suggests, 'remembers' the shape that it is moulded into. For my first experiment I made these Swarovski crystal and pearl wine glass charms - perfect for those dinner parties where you need to remember which glass is yours!
Wine Glass Charms

1 comment:

  1. I love the wine glass charms. And the amethyst stuff, and the green and the other green and the other green and the all of it.

    ReplyDelete